The technical credit union name for a checking account is a share draft account, they are the same type of account as a checking account and you may see the term share draft used occasionally. The WRCU checking accounts require no minimum balance.
With a WRCU checking account, you are eligible for a WRCU Debit/ATM Card. You don't have to use checks if you don't want to!
Two services we offer to help you avoid fees and charges on your checking account are:
Through its check printing vendor, the Credit Union offers its members a selection of assorted checks from which to choose. The cost of these checks is automatically deducted from the member’s checking account. Although it is preferred that a member use this selected printer for their check printing needs in order to minimize printing errors, a member may choose to order their checks through a vendor of their own choice.
If you need to re-order checks, please see our updated check ordering instructions.
Service charges will be applied to each account as follows:
- Monthly service charge per checking account of $3.00. However, there is no service charge for:
- Checking Accounts for Members age 60 and over
- Any Checkingt Account of a Member who has selected to receive their statement electronically only
- Non-Profit organizations
- Overdraft - $30.00 for each check which results in an overdraft (Overdraft Protection is available)
- Automatic transfers (to cover overdraft activity) – $2.00 per transfer
- Copy of a check - $2.00 per check (however, there is no charge when the check is printed through FLEXTeller, our on-line banking solution)
- Stop payment - $20.00 per check or for a sequence of consecutively numbered checks.
- Statement copy - $3.00 per Statement (however, there is no charge when the statement is printed through FLEXTeller, our on-line banking solution.)
- Deposits may be subject to the WRCU Funds Availability Schedule.
Senior Checking Accounts
Once the owner of a WRCU Checking Account reaches the age of 60, one account will no longer be charged a monthly service charge or for the printing charges of a box of standard share checks. All other terms apply.
Youth Checking Accounts
A Youth Checking Account is available for the younger members of WRCU. This account is subject to all of the terms of the regular WRCU checking accounts with one exception:
- Checking accounts owned by a WRCU member age fourteen through eighteen the first box of standard checks will be at no cost to the account owner.
An account established by a minor must be a multiple party account with an owner who has reached the age of majority under state law and who shall be jointly and severally liable to us for any returned item, overdraft, or unpaid charges or amounts on such account. The co-owner does not have to be a member in his own right. The account status will not be changed when the minor reaches the age of majority, unless authorized in writing by all account owners.
Non-profit organizations, such as Municipal, Educational, or Religious, will be exempt from the monthly $3.00 service charge. All other terms apply.
Small Business Checking Account
If you own a small business, our Small Business Checking Account may be the right choice for you! This account is subject to the terms of the regular WRCU checking accounts with one additional nominal monthly charge which is calculated on the number of deposit items. You get 30 free deposit items each month, excluding cash deposits, and then there is a minimal charge of 15¢ per item beyond this number. During the first week of each month, this service charge is assessed for the prior month and automatically withdrawn from your Small Business Checking Account.
|Total drafts and checks deposited for the month||130|
|Deduct the monthly allowance||30|
|Number of drafts and checks beyond allowance||100|
|Multiplied by the Item Charge||$.15|
|Total excessive deposit item charge||$15.00|
|Plus standard monthly service charge||$2.00|
|TOTAL MONTHLY SERVICE CHARGES||$17.00|
We believe you’ll find this a good deal compared to what other financial institutions can offer you!