White River Credit Union Debit Cards
FREE Real-Time ATM/DEBIT CARD
The real-time WRCU CheckCard (ATM/Debit Card) provides convenient, secure access to your share draft account wherever you travel. For every purchase and ATM withdrawal made with the WRCU CheckCard, funds will automatically be deducted from your share draft account in real-time (subject to the WRCU Funds Availability policy). And, every transaction will appear on your account statement, including the date, place and amount. It’s an easy way to track spending. See additional information below or download and print an application.
Some quick facts about your WRCU debit card
- $200.00 Cash per day; Friday afternoon thru Monday counts as 1 day
- $2,000.00 purchases per day; Friday thru Monday counts as 1 day
- Point of Sale Purchases using signature, always free with no charge from us or the merchant
- Point of Sale Purchases using PIN (Personal Identification Number), 5 free transactions per month; then .50 cents per transaction from us and no charge from the merchant
- Cash withdrawal from a WRCU owned ATM (located at our Rochester and Randolph offices), always free
- Cash withdrawal from a Falcon logo ATM machine, 5 free transactions per month; then .50 cents per transaction with no charges from the machine
- Cash withdrawal from a foreign ATM machine (one without a Falcon logo), $1.00 per transaction and an additional charge from the machine
- Debit Card Replacement, $8.00
- Rush delivery of debit card, $28.00
- PIN reset, $5.00
- Non-sufficient Fund, $30.00
- Negative balance, $5.00 per day that an account remains negative after the 5th day
Here are some frequently asked questions about the White River Credit Union debit card product, the CU CheckCard.
How can I make a purchase with my CU CheckCard?
It’s easy…first, look for the MasterCard® logo. Any merchant that accepts MasterCard® will also accept this new card. You will always get a receipt and every transaction is detailed on your monthly account statement.
There’s no checkbook to carry. No share drafts to write. No I.D. to show. No waiting for check approval. So you’re in and out of stores in no time. It’s the easy way to pay – for everyday purchases like groceries, gas, clothing and so much more.
How can I get cash with my CU CheckCard?
Simply use the nearest ATM. Keep in mind, however, that every time you use a Falcon ATM, you avoid paying the surcharge usually charged by “foreign” banks and other financial institutions. To find out about Falcon machines in the area, please contact us or visit www.falconatm.net. Please note, Northfield Savings Bank is in the Falcon network.
I don’t have access to an ATM. Is there another way to get cash with my card?
Yes! At select locations, including most grocery stores, gas stations and even the local post office, you can obtain cash back following your purchase. To do this, select the “Debit/ATM” option, and then enter your PIN and the amount of cash you wish to receive. (Please keep in mind that some merchants have established minimum purchase amounts in order to use this feature. Also, merchants may limit the amount of cash back that you can receive. If in doubt, inquire before beginning your transaction.)
Is there anything else I should know about my CU CheckCard?
Just one more thing…to keep the fees from this program at a minimum, we ask that you select the “Credit” option and sign for your transaction unless you wish to receive cash back. Although choosing the “Debit/ATM” option and entering your PIN may seem just as convenient, the credit union incurs less expense when you sign for your transactions. Please note: Gas stations are the exception to signature-based transactions. If you hit “Credit” for your Debit Card transaction at the pump, it will be treated as a signature-based transaction. You’ll not actually need to sign for transactions at gas station pumps.
So, this is really a credit card?
No, your CU CheckCard is not a credit card. When you make a purchase, the funds will be deducted from your share draft/checking account. Essentially, making a purchase with your new card is like writing a check without the hassles of showing ID, getting the check approved, etc.
A few other facts about our CU CheckCard:
- The CU CheckCard is a Real Time product. This means that every transaction is immediately* reflected in your available account balance. This includes deposits made at the credit union as well as your purchases and cash withdrawals.
For example, if a deposit is received and posted at the credit union at 9:00 AM, it will immediately* appear in your available balance and can be accessed by your CU CheckCard. The same immediate* availability occurs when funds are transferred from savings or another WRCU account either online or by calling the credit union. When a debit card transaction is processed, the charge is not immediately posted to the account balance. Instead, the charge is marked as “pending” but the amount has reduced the account’s available balance and, therefore, those funds have been used and are no longer available. This will show up as the difference between your balance and your available balance. Since Federal banking regulations require these pending charges must be paid and cannot be “stopped”, you may overdraw your account while appearing to have a positive balance. An overdraft occurs – and an overdraft fee is charged to you – when a debit transaction (for example: a check drawn, ATM withdrawal or debit card purchase) exceeds the available balance in your account. To avoid this, keep a register, take a receipt every time you use your CU CheckCard, and keep a running balance in your register so you always know your available balance.
- The pre-set limits for a new card are $200.00 for cash withdrawal and $2,000.00 for point-of-sale purchase. These are the maximum amounts authorized within a 24-hour period during the week or for the weekend period of Friday afternoon until Monday. If these limits are too constraining for you, please let us know and we may be able to raise them.
- Please note our fee structure for the CU CheckCard on the first page of the Electronic Funds Transfers Disclosures.
We think you will enjoy the convenience, ease of use and safety of your new CU CheckCard! If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call us at your closest branch and speak with one of our Member Service Representatives.
Full details on funds availability are outlined in our Funds Availability Schedule.